top of page


Playing Guitar

You have a number of choices for your health insurance. Because this can be a confusing task, it is important to cover the basics.

Medicare has several parts:

  • Part A (hospital)

  • Part B (physician & out-patient services)

  • Part C (Medicare Advantage Plan)

  • Part D (prescription drug coverage)

At age 65, most people enroll in Medicare Part A & Medicare Part B. Medicare only covers about 80% of Part B expenses. You are responsible for the other 20%. The two options below provide more comprehensive coverage.

  1. You can enroll in Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) that helps cover prescriptions. Additionally, buying a Medigap or Medicare Supplement policy is one way to cover the 20% that Medicare does not pay. You are allowed to use any physician and hospital you choose.

  2. You can enroll in Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage Plan). This is approved by Medicare and managed by insurance companies. It combines Part A, Part B and sometimes Part D coverage. This is similar to PPO & HMO plans which have co-pays or deductibles instead of the 20% balance that Medicare does not cover. The benefits depend upon the plan you select.

The official website for Medicare is

Call KIEFER INSURANCE to arrange a no obligation explanation of these Medicare choices. We represent a carefully selected group of financially sound and reputable insurance companies to offer you the best service possible and most comprehensive coverage at competitive prices. We do more than sell insurance. We provide peace of mind. For more than fifty years, we have provided ongoing service not just at the time of sale but as long as you remain our client. We are always just a phone call away.

Medicare Plans

Here are some details of the popular Medicare Supplement Plan G. Please call us if you would like additional explanation of these benefits.

  • Coverage for the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible. In 2024, it is $1623 per benefit period.

  • Coverage for the Part A coinsurance amount for days 61 thru 90 of each hospital stay in each Medicare benefit period. In 2024, it is $408 per day.

  • Coverage for the Part A coinsurance amount for days 91 thru 150 of each hospital stay. In 2024, it is $816 per day.

  • Coverage for the skilled nursing facility coinsurance amount for days 21 thru 100 per benefit period. In 2024, it is $204 per day.

  • Coverage under Medicare Parts A and B for the reasonable & customary cost of the first three pints of blood.

  • Coverage for the Medicare Part B annual deductible. In 2024 it is $240.  Plan G does not reimbursement this.

  • Coverage for the coinsurance amount for Part B services (generally 20 percent of Medicare-approved amount).

  • Coverage for 100 percent of Medicare Part B excess charges. This is the difference between any provider’s actual charge (up to the maximum amount allowed by Medicare) and the amount approved by Medicare.

  • During foreign travel, the policy pays 80% up to a lifetime maximum benefit of $50,000 after a $250 deductible.

bottom of page